Business Objects Interview Questions:
01. What is loop in Universe? Explain methodologies to resolve it.
02. What is CHASM trap and Fan trap
03. what happens if cardinality are not resolved
04. What are @functions
05. Have you ever used @prompt
06. What is variable
07. How do u link universes
08. What are the restrictions when linking universes
09. Explain security level in BO Universe
10. How to implement row level security in Universe
11. When do u use alias or context
12. What are the different ways to link universes
13. How do you distribute Universe?
14. What is LOV
15. How do y ou create hierarchies
16. How do you create a custom hierarchy
17. What is online and offline mode?
18. What is a database connection?
19. What are aggregated tables and how would you use it in BO Universe
20. What is shortcut join
21. How do u connect two fact tables
22. What is cardinality and its significance in BO universe
23. How do you do performance tuning?
24. Can you change a universe of an existing report
25. SQL Aggregate Versus Universe Projection
26. Can you build a Universe from Multiple DataSoure or multiple DataBase?
27. Explain calculation contexts when to use them.
28. How can you suppress the ‘No data to fetch’ messages in Reports?
29. How can you create a graph with horisontal bars?
30. When getting ‘No data to fetch’ msg, how can you make the report to display at least one record?
31. How can you import a single-tab report into another multi-table report so the single-tab report will keep its formatting?
32. Can you link the ‘universe based’ query to one based on RDBMS stored procedure?
33. How can you display 5 top records only?
34. What’s the Detail object used for?
35. How many Universes did you create?
36. Tell me how many classes where there, and objects in each class? Q) What is an Object?
37. What is Object qualification?
38. What do prefer an Alias or a context? Why?
39. What is join? Explain different types of joins?
40. How many reports have you created? Explain a few?
41. What are alerter’s, filters, breaks, conditions?
42. What’s the difference between master-detail and Breaks
43. What’s the difference between filters and conditions?
44. What are pre-defined conditions?
45. What are the differences between a formula, variable and user objects?
46. How do you schedule the reports?
47. What is a microcube?
48. Have you worked with multiple data sources? If yes. How do you link them?
49. What are templates?
50. How do you resolve #multivalue and #computation errors?
51. Define a Cell, Block, and Section?
52. Tell me about a complicated object you have created?
53. What was the size of the database? which server?
54. How many user were there?
55. What problems you have faced while creating an universe? tell me an incident and how you went about solving it?
56. How many Tables was the universe built?
57. What is performance tuning and how do you do that?
58. What is indexing and how is it useful?
59. how to link two reports?
60. difference between prompt at designer level & report level?
61. What are the considerations for creating new universe?
62. Tell me what are the standards you followed for creating the universe?
63. What are the issues you have faced in the universe otherthan Loops & Traps? How did you fix them?
64. How did you interact with the users for new report design. what are the considerations for new report creation? what will you expect from the user.
65. How do you migrate the universe from Dev –> QA –> Prod?
66. There is no drill down in the users report. how do you invoke drill down feature in the report?
67. What is drill down
68. In production reports, some dimensions are missing. how do you load these dimensions in production.
69. While populating the Data Warehouse, which one do you process first: facts or dimensions or look-up tables? and what is the sequence?
70. Report is running very slow and How do you increase its performance?
– Remove unwanted columns, reduce complex formulas if possible, check SQL query (run against DB), bring less data ( try to filter at query panel not at report level), schedule WEBI report if possible, break the report and link them with parameters. For more check <a href=”http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31081″ title=”WEBI Report Performance Optimization”></a>
71. In infoview, I want to provide the hyperlink to view the report in pdf format or other format. is it possible to do it.
72. There is one report and need to add new columns which are not there in database. what is your approach.?
Right Click and add column (left or right). Now you can use Variable/Formula to fill the column value.
73. Did you face any ambiguous queries and how do you fix it?
74. How to display a Logo in WEbi reports
Properties – > Background Image -> Image from URL
Properties – > Background Image -> Image from file
75. How to troubleshoot a Query which is slow in Business objects where as the same query is running fast in Oracle?
1. What is Cascade Prompt. How would you create
2. Linking Universe in Universe Designer?
– Explain Universe Linking Strategies.
– Limitations and Restrictions of Linking Universes
– Answer : Universe Linking
3. What is Aggregate awareness? Give an example. How would you create table?
4. New features in BO 4.1
5. What have you done with WEBI Publishing
6. What changes would you make to publish report on mobile?